Wi-Fi in Central Park
Winter Park and Bright House Networks Metro-Wireless Network (Wi-Fi) Connections Instructions
Bright House NetworksTM customers
- Free, unlimited access - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Non-Bright House NetworksTM Road RunnerTM customers
- Requires a Wi-Fi enabled device (laptop, computer, PDA or phone).
- Available for two hours each day beginning at midnight (12 a.m.). The two-hour time block is contiguous from the point of sign-on and is not available in portions.
- Pay-per-use service is available once free service time limits have been reached. Pay schedule is as follows:
- $1.99 per hour; $3.95 for a 3-hour block
- $8.95 per day (24 contiguous hours from start of service)
- $19.95 per week (Seven contiguous 24-hour days from the start of service)
How to connect to the Internet:
- Using the wireless configuration software on your PC, WiFi-enabled PDA or WiFi-enabled phone, search for the ‘MyBrightHouse’ network name (SSID).
- A list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear. If you are in range of the signal, “MyBrightHouse” will appear in the list. Highlight “MyBrightHouse” and click connect. No password is required to connect.
- Once you are connected, launch your Internet web browser. Be sure to disable any script blocking utilities
- The web browser page will be redirected to the City of Winter Park portal page
Bright House NetworksTM Road RunnerTM customers:
From the City of Winter Park portal page
- Click on the “Road Runners Users” link in the lower left portion of the log-in screen.
- Enter the username and password from your @cfl.rr.com email address.
- Enjoy unlimited connectivity with no time limits!
Non-Bright House NetworksTM Road RunnerTM customers:
From the City of Winter Park portal pageClick on the “Signup” link to register for a two-hour free time block, or for pay-per-use or weekly service.
- Select a username and password (Usernames and passwords are case sensitive)
- Once registered, a confirmation page will show your active “Free 2 Hours” service. You can now access the Internet. When the free time block expires you will be prompted to purchase additional time.
- The next time you connect; simply enter your User Name and Password in the lower left portion of the portal page.
User sessions will time-out after one hour of inactivity
For questions or problems regarding connection to the Wi-Fi service, call Bright House Networks Technical Support at 888-205-2160